My hubs often calls me “a marketer’s dream” because I love to try out new things and am easily enticed by advertisements. Ok, ok I admit it. But in my defense, I am truthful about whether a product actually lives up to its claim or not. If I weren’t in vocational ministry, I often joke that I’d like to be a product tester. How fun would that be! Being an innovator, I love to have an opinion on items, movies, music, you name it.
Our friends often comment on the hubs’ and my enthusiasm for great products. We’re truly just passionate about things that work, are helpful, designed and created well, and that we simply just love. Which I guess is a big reason why we’re so passionate about telling the world about Jesus.
So call me Oprah for today as I let you in on a few of my favorite things. Spoiler alert: you’re not getting a car from this, sorry!
- Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo
- This stuff is magical. I have pretty thick hair and washing it every day just isn’t realistic or healthy, so it gets me through in between washes. I prefer it to aerosol ones because it’s lightweight, smells wonderful and actually works.
- Available online or at Sephora
- Burt’s Bees
- Most of my teenage and early adult years were spent battling acne. I hated my skin and was always trying something new. While my skin still isn’t my favorite feature, Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Cleanser has helped a lot. I’m also a committed buyer of their original chap stick. Legit.
- I was a PC girl for most of my life, until I woke up and smelled the roses. Their technology is sleek, portable, intuitive and just beautiful. The Macbook Air is awesome for traveling and just as practical for everyday use. And of course, the iPhone.
- Mary Kay’s Lash Love Mascara
- My step-mom-in-law, Patti, is a Mary Kay rep and kindly gives me many samples and trials of their different product. For my birthday this year, she got me hooked on the Lash Love mascara. It’s not outrageously priced and never clumps up. Goes on smoothly and removes fairly easy.
- If you’re in the Akron/Canton, Ohio area, I’d love to connect you with Patti! Or you can find a local rep near you.
- Men’s Gillette Fusion Razor
- To the shock of many of my female friends, there are some men’s items I prefer to women’s, and this razor (along with shaving cream and Old Spice deodorant) is one of them. The Fusion is sharper and lasts longer than any woman’s razor I’ve used.
- Pandora Bracelet
- Ok, I hopped on this train a little late but I really love the bracelet. My mom gave it to me for Christmas and it’s fun to fill with charms. While they can be a little pricey, I’m all for sentimental and personal gifts.
- Dave Ramsey’s Envelope System
- Turbie Twist
- Now this is the product I probably get laughed at the most for, because I look like a genie when I wear it. My college roomie of three years bought me two for Christmas and I use it almost daily. Instead of a heavy, bulky towel, I just throw this on to neatly and firmly hold my hair in place. It allows my hair to air dry without getting the back of my shirt wet. And for those days I don’t shampoo but just rinse off in the shower, it’s the perfect way to keep my hair dry. Whenever I travel, I make sure to bring one of these with me.
- Available online or at Bed, Bath and Beyond
There’s quite a few more items I could add to this list, so consider this the opening act. I’ve had great success with all of these and hope, if you try them, that you do too!